Politsei- ja Piirivalveamet
Main areas: HOMELAND SECURITY
Other areas: Law
The best police in the world: In our vision, we mean the best in the world in the same way as a parent's desire to be the best mother or father in the world for their children. It's not a competition with others, it's a mindset - a promise to be the best version of yourself. When it comes to the best police in the world, we don't think so much about comparison with other countries, but on the contrary, about the Estonian people we serve. It is our promise to be the best every day for their well-being.
In cooperation we create security
- Almost 5,000 people work in the police.
- The police have millions of direct contacts with the people of Estonia: Almost 400 times a day, the patrol goes to help people.
- We conduct 120,000 criminal proceedings a year.
- Over half a million visits to PPA services.
- Millions of border crossings at Estonian borders.
Job and internship opportunities
The field of police activity is very broad. We are the main practice base for the Internal Defense Academy and future police officers, but students from other schools and specialties are also welcome to practice with us. For example, graduates of social, legal and IT fields can take the first step in their career with us. Feel free to explore our internship opportunities to take the first step of your career with us! Find out more: https://karjaar.politsei.ee/praktika
Why should students come to your company for an internship or work?
You can find a meaningful job in the Estonian police. We have both police officers, border guards and experts in other fields, from lawyers to budget experts. If your calling is to create a safer world and you value a solid, reliable and caring employer, you can find your dream job and friends in the police for life!
- Work in the police is interesting and non-routine – the excitement doesn't disappear even after years.
- We are flexible in work organization and face people.
- We organize professional trainings and exercises.
- We keep our traditions and hold joint events.
- As a large organization, we have many opportunities for self-development or to grow out of your job.
- We work closely with partners from foreign countries – international doors are open.
- We have longer holidays – 35 days, as a police officer up to 45 days.
- If you need time to boost your health or switch off from work issues, you have 5 paid health days.
- We have extensive sports facilities and a good support system for spiritual care and counseling.